Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pulled Beef Hoagie / Cobb Grill

This is a nice little cook on one of my favorite small (tailgate size) charcoal grills. It produces a fine treat in about four hours with enough to feed about 4-5 people.

 photo DSC02748.jpg

I like to start with a full load of lump charcoal for this cook and will need to add some more later into the cook. 

 photo DSC02995.jpg

I also made up four packets of wild cherry chips to be used for my smoke wood for this cook.

 photo DSC02993.jpg

I started with a 2.6 pound chuck roast which i trimmed slightly and then added a good beef rub and a generous sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper.

 photo DSC02994.jpg

As soon as my grill was hot, I seared each side of the roast for about four minutes per  side. 

 photo DSC02996.jpg

Next step was to add my roasting rack and then the meat and I cooked the meat for about two hours and then pulled it when the color was right and the internal meat temperature was about 170 degrees. 

 photo DSC02997.jpg

I then wrapped the meat in foil with about 2-3 oz of beef broth.

 photo DSC02998.jpg

Back on the cooker until the internal was about 210 degrees internal which makes for the best beef pulling temperature for chuck roast. 

 photo DSC02999.jpg

Next step was to heat up my frying dish and then add my onions and bell peppers. I caramelized these and then added some smoked red peppers.

 photo DSC03000.jpg

Looked good coming off of the cooker.

 photo DSC03001.jpg

 photo DSC03002.jpg

I let the meat rest for about 30 minutes and then unwrapped and pulled it and added the au jus out of the foil to the bowl of meat. 

 photo DSC03003.jpg

 photo DSC03004.jpg

I started my hoagie sandwich by toasting my bun. I then added a generous portion of the pulled beef, two slices of provolone cheese, two slices of tomato, some of my caramelized veggies, and some horsey sauce.

Sure was a fine sandwich....






No comments:

Post a Comment