Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gyros and Italian Crescent Ring

 photo DSC02779.jpg

 photo DSC02785.jpg

I had a few odds and ends left from my Leg of Lamb and the wife wanted a Gyro so I fixed her up as I don't care for this treat.


I like treats made up using Crescent rolls and this is the most recent one I have done. It is called the Spicy Italian Crescent Ring and I found the recipe on a blog.  

 photo DSC02691.jpg

After laying out two tubes of rolls on my baking sheet, I start with a layer of roasted red bell peppers. 

 photo DSC02692.jpg

Next layer is some sliced provolone cheese.

 photo DSC02693.jpg

 photo DSC02694.jpg

The recipe called for some sliced hot salami, some sliced capocollo, and some deli sliced ham. Well, being we live out in the sticks, the closest thing I could find without driving to Indy was a Gourmet Variety Pack containing Hot Calabrese, Pepper Salame, and Hot Capacollo so this is what I used for this treat. 

 photo DSC02696.jpg

Next was a layer of jalapeno slices.

 photo DSC02697.jpg

Last layer was more provolone cheese.

 photo DSC02698.jpg

 photo DSC02699.jpg

Fold the dough over the top and bake it. 

 photo DSC02700.jpg

This thing was real tasty but I didn’t feel it had enough meat. I will double the meat on my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment