Friday, October 10, 2014

Pork Steaks, Maple Bacon Beans, and more

This cook was done on my GMG Davy Crockett pellet grill running hickory pellets. 

 photo DSC02400.jpg

I rubbed the five large pork steaks and the Spam block with my favorite rub and they were ready for the grill. I then fried up some bacon, chopped it up, and then made up my maple bacon beans. Next step was to rub some peanut oil all over my baking potatoes and then add some sea salt and that concludes the prep for this cook.

Rolled the cooker around to my cooking patio and fired it up. I set the temp to 160 degrees for some extra smoke for the first hour. 


 photo DSC02401.jpg

 photo DSC02402.jpg

I used my raised second grip for this large cook.

 photo DSC02403.jpg

This picture was taken later into the cook.

 photo DSC02405.jpg

The pork steaks came off first and looked great. 

 photo DSC02407.jpg

The balance of the cook. Total time was about 4 hours for the cook. 

 photo DSC02408.jpg

 photo DSC02409.jpg

I added a hot bacon spinach and egg salad and some sliced tomatoes and had one great meal.

My Spam Slyder meal looked like this...

 photo DSC02410.jpg

 photo DSC02411.jpg

I cut a thick slab off of the Spam block for this meal and then dressed my sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, and some horsey sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment